View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 08:57 AM
Rising Sun member

Should flashed the trail last night, but I didn't

Was riding pretty well but psyched myself out on some of the obstacles so I had to unclip. Then I got frustrated. So coupled with the fact that it was an odd day so I couldn't ride down Enchanted Forest, turns out I shoulda just done Mt. Falcon. At least I woulda had an excuse to not ride the whole trail in one shot

But I rode up Chimney in pretty good time and felt pretty ok for the last puch up to Boettcher, then over and down Apex, up Hardscrabble, up the top of Sluicebox, up Grubstake Loop for a couple switchbacks, then turned back down Hardscrabble, back up Apex, up and over Lookout Mtn. Road and back down Chimney. It was just about 2 1/2 hours for all of that.

But if you want to ride Chimney (and Apex) and pretty much have the whole trail to yourself, go on an odd day.
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD