View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Rising Sun Member

Day 3

We awoke, and headed into Petrified Forest NP. The first part of the loop was the Painted Desert, and I have to say, my camera skills do not do it justice.

We then headed south and into the Petrified wood area. It was beautiful. Amazing Geology for those who like rocks...

Log bridge anyone?

This was made by someone later on, and is not native american. Still cool.

From there, it was back to the Rez, and back to Mountain Daylight Time (that got really fun going from the Navajo Nation, into AZ, and back into UT within 20 minutes, and thinking the BLM at Big Water would still be open, but that is later on).

Cruising.

We headed into Canyon de Chelly NM, and hired a Navajo Guide to drive into the canyons. VERY worth the money. The roads were fun, but the scenery was unreal. Again, the cameraman (me) does not do it justice.

White House Ruin

Spider Rock

Petroglyphs are common in the canyon

The roads were fun. The entrance was a hoot, as it is in DEEP sand, where good tires, the rear locker, and the supercharger made for a FUN ride. Didn't get any shots of it though.

A hogon, there are roughly 1500 Navajo living in the canyon today.

That evening we camped in the campground since we weren't going to make it out of the Navajo Nation by the time we were ready to camp. It was okay, but loud, and there were ants.

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead