View Single Post
Old 06-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Rising Sun Member

Day 4

Headed North and west to Antelope Canyon. Again, a guided tour, but still very fun. This one you can't drive to yourself, but it would have been fun, as it is deep sand.

We headed in with 50 of our closest friends....

My brother was smart and snagged a camp chair as the others arrived at the staging area. It was a while before we left.

Heading in:

Look close, and you'll see the bear:

More

A heart:

Sandfalls (this is a thing the guides do for you, but still fun)

Fire:

The end:

From Antelope Canyon, we headed from Mountain Daylight time to Mountain Standard time in Page, AZ, and back to Mountain Daylight time in UT, where, because we flubbed up, we missed the BLM office, and a chance at a real map of Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument (GSENM).

So, we picked up their crappy, side of the road map, found a gas station, where, due to the pump sitting in the heat of the sun, I got sprayed pretty bad with gasoline as the gas hit the very hot metal in the end of the nozzle.

As luck would have it, this gas station had a bathroom and a shower! As luck wouldn't have it, this gas station had no hot water in said shower. But, it was 100 degrees, and I was fairly covered in gas, so I took one anyway. Smelling better (in more ways than one), we headed into GSENM. 40 miles in on fast 4wd (we were able to do 30 mph mostly), we set up camp and enjoyed the hot summer evening.

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead

Last edited by AxleIke; 06-05-2012 at 08:48 AM.