View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 09:22 AM
Rising Sun member

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

I really appreciate everybody who came out yesterday! Thanks to Scott and Idelle for bringing food and preparing lunch for everybody! Thanks to Dave and Idelle for their scouting work done the day before we showed up! Thanks to Perry for sharing his new book with us and for sharing some more history of the area! And thanks to everyone else who brought smiling faces and hands ready to work!

I know it was a longer day than we normally have, but everyone seemed ok with that based on everything we as a group wanted to do and see. Still wish we could have made it up to the top of McClellan and/or the top of Argentine and hung out in those places for a little while longer, but oh well, next time Sorry for the fast driving pace

I think the Jeep Commander we helped at the end of the day is a good sobering lesson that even though we generally consider this trail system to be "easy," that it really doesn't take much at all to get into a potentially dangerous situation. So let's all be careful while driving out there this summer, especially on all those shelf roads!
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD