View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Toyota LandCruisers in Costa Rica

I just returned from a family trip to Costa Rica.

While it was a wonderful family trip for sand, surf and countless margaritas, I also wanted to see and photo as many LandCruisers as my wife would allow. stopping in the middle of a two lane road in rural Costa Rica is probably one of the most dangerous things to do, but when you spot a rare and beautiful 40, you gotta get a pic.

It might be one of the best places to see exotic birds, monkeys, alligators up close but it also seems to be a Mecca for FJ 40s, 60s, and 70s...And all seem to be diesels...

A $600.00 round trip direct flight to Liberia, seemed a small price to pay for such a great location to see these rare vehicles up close..

Saw a bunch like Wes' but never had the camera ready.

Several of these around but this was really clean!

This was kind of like a Lexus 460/Prado..Diesel!!!

My fav!

I yelled at this guy, as we passed him "Nice 40!" He gave me a thumbs up..

Parked in the shade at Tamarindo beach.

Rare 80 sighting.. it seemed like the ratio for 40s vs 80s was 10:1, only saw about a handful of 80s.

This one is for my mini truck bros..This doesn't have it but the newer Hilux's had the coolest front ends, way better imo than the Us version..

This one was parked across the street from the Super Compra (market). I stared at it all week, finally took my life in my hands by running across this busy street to take the shot.

These guys didn't speak a lick of English and thought I was a nut, some things have a way of translating on their own...

This was one of my favs, this old Cabaellro was driving it. It sounded like it was on it's last leg..

Feeding the locals, some chicken...

Might have a few more to post later
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com

Last edited by Caribou Sandstorm; 06-19-2012 at 08:17 PM.