View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutbeer View Post
I was afraid of that, and I don't think there is an LCD on it by default, right? I heard version 2 OS is better, but maybe not.

I'll have my iphone with me, which takes decent photos, but sometimes it just takes total crappy ones. I was really hoping for something that would cross that bridge between video and camera fairly well in a compact package, and still use the standard image card that the DSLR uses. If I can mount it for Rubicon or something, then bonus. I really don't want/need 3 cameras....
I have the GoPro HERO HD. It was $129 at BestBuy and the LCD screen was $79. With it you can see your shot and play back videos with sound. I dont know if this has a different OS than the earlier ones but switching from video to single shot, 3 shot, 10 second time delay,etc is a matter of pressing 1 button and selecting the icon for what you want. Having the LCD screen to see the larger icons probably makes it easier. According to their website they will have the smartphone app in the next month or so, so you can use your iphone or droid phone to view your videos.
Randy Rosetta KDKWX TLCA #19351 69 FJ40 "Meanie" & 1970 Boss 302 Mustang