View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Ride report: Rode about 50 miles on Saturday, a good half of that was single track. In fact, my whole body hurts right now, I can barely walk after following Farnham around Vail.. I'm calling home field advantage.

But the brake lever worked well- I used it on steep descents and could easily squeeze it hard enough to make the back tire lock up, although there was a nice sensitivity to it where I could just brake a little, still slow down, but not lock up the tire. I was in 1st of 2nd for most of my LHRBraking.

Also the position being low like that seems perfect- I could forget all about it on climbs and when bombing around at high speed, any time I shifted I never touched it. It wasn't until the descents where I actually reached for it, and then pulling it was very natural. And I crashed a few times... a couple of them pretty hard too and on that left side (one hard enough to tweak the bars relative to the front wheel). The bark busters must have done their job, as the lever is still without a scratch.

www.gamiviti.com