View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman
Default Fall Elk Bugling

I rifle hunt first season and spend a few weeks calling them in for fun in the Flat Tops in late Sept. We are pretty protective of our spot. Thus, I just prefer to post in the members section.

My hunting buddy Dan and I called in this bull on our first evening in our area. He is a beauty. We are calling him the beaded bull and hope to connect with him next week - 1st season. I got some of the best video footage yet. He came in real close. I still need to edit the footage down and post it. Here are a few screen shots.

Side story. I took the footage Friday evening. Continued down to the end of the trail near a cliff to spend the night. It was dark. I dropped my camera and it rolled off the cliff. I recovered it the next morning smashed. To my dismay the data was being recorded to the internal memory not the removable chip. Found a write up about an intern that figured out how to recovery the internal data on a similar camera to mine. I just got it back from the data recovery service today. It also had my Moab escalator footage on it. Whew!
Attached Images
Scott Yoder KD0DHP
2000 4Runner, 2.5" lift on 33's, locked, geared & armored.