View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
That was not stated! It only states that you can't "alarm, distract, or frighten prey and causes prey to flee by:
Use of any natural or artificial source of noise or light;"
From the website:

Quote:
Illegal Use of Radios To Take Wildlife

As with the use of motor vehicles, using radios or aircraft to spot wildlife and communicating via the radio the wildlife's location to another person is illegal. Anyone using a radio as an aid to hunting or pursuing wildlife shall be considered to be in violation of State Division Wildlife regulations. This violation is also a misdemeanor and has harsh penalties and possible hunting license suspensions if convicted. It is also unlawful to use any other type of electronic devices such as cell phones, instant messaging or email to communicate information on the whereabouts of game to another. This violation carries the same penalties as above.
I don't know what the actual law states but I never knew the above to be true...I mean, if I was hunting with a group and I knew where my partners were, and I saw a herd go by but I couldn't get a shot but I knew they were headed toward one or more of my buddies I wouldn't have thought that it was illegal to give them a call and give them a heads up. Maybe what they are trying to discourage is having "spotters" out there?
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater