View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Someone school me on hunting terms. Does "a great draw over here with lots of sign, you want to come check it out" have anything to do with "using radios or aircraft to spot wildlife and communicating via the radio the wildlife's location to another person?" I really don't have a bone to pick here, just think it's kind of interesting.
I would say that would most likely fall under the "...using a radio as an aid to hunting or pursuing wildlife shall be considered to be in violation of State Division Wildlife regulations." and be a no-no.

I can see why they don't want you using a plane to spot wildlife and direct in hunters (apparently Alaska doesn't have this law...for fishing anyway)...Or even using just a spotter. But if you are out hunting and spot sign of a herd or see movement and you pass that along to your buddies what is the big deal? I wonder if you are given the benefit of the doubt that you aren't doing just that if you get stopped by a DOW dude with your Rino and or cell phone
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater