I was thinking of doing a leakdown but all I really want to know is if blow by is coming through the PCV, throttle body and possibly exhaust: If I can hear or see it that is.
I was thinking of doing the following:
1. put back 5 spark plugs
2. On sixth cylinder attach compression tester
3. rotate crank until compression deflects tester needle
4. slightly move crank back/forth to get highest reading
5. listen at PCV, throttle body and exhaust pipe for leaking air
6. swap to next cylinder I want to test and repeat
Do you think that would work? Thanks.