View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Default Needles camping, Canyonlands Oct 19-21

What a wonderful trip. I think at some point during the weekend everyone told me this was a “best ever,” which for me makes all the planning worth it. Best hike ever… best camping trip ever… most fun I’ve ever had getting lost in the desert with my kids… the list just goes on.

We started the run with 6 trucks, hauling 12 adults and 14 kids. 3 80’s (Bruce & wife Judy, Kipper & wife Cary + 2 kids, Dave & wife Michelle + 4 kids) and 3 100’s (myself & wife Michele + 2 kids, Chris D. & wife Melinda + 2 kids, Chris B. & wife Shana + 2 kids). We met at City Market on Friday morning as planned, and rolled out by 10:00 to the Needles area.

Our first stop after checking in was the Cave Spring hike- a short 0.6 mile hike that included a mock-up cowboy camp, a real oasis, and 2 wooden ladders… was a great way to start the trip. Once back at our trucks we aired down & did a quick lunch break, then proceeded to run E-Hill to Devil’s Kitchen.

I didn’t take many pics, but many others did so I suspect there will be some. I did stick the Go Pro up on the rack and take one every 60 seconds for the journey to the Kitchen, a few of them actually look pretty good here are the highlights.
Attached Images

www.gamiviti.com

Last edited by nakman; 10-22-2012 at 12:18 PM.