View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Yesterday was a long day in the car, but worth it. I hit every single piece of armor on my truck coming back down E-Hill, that aluminum makes a horrendous sound when you smash rocks against it... but after inspection I can't even really see a scratch, cool. We were aired up at the visitor's center by 11:30, did a quick lunch there then headed back north. We were back home at 7:30, with really only one stop in Dillon for dinner. Was delighted that there wasn't much I-70 traffic.

I really like Moab in October- the leaves are totally peaking down there.... so if you didn't get enough of that a few weeks ago in Colorado, you get to see it again in Utah. Also, it gets dark at about 7:00... which is sweet for roasting marsh mellows and still getting the kids to bed at a reasonable time. In fact, even with a couple extra "adult hours," we were still going to bed at 10:00 or so.. kinda lame by some standards, but also kinda cool when everyone's up at first light. We're totally going back next fall.
82 fj40, 99 uzj100, 06 gx470

05 525EXC, 01 XT225, 07 TTR90, 07 CRF50