View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 08:48 AM
Hard Core 4+

Looks like a lot of work, it will look great in the end I'm confident.

FWIW, I had a rocker panel fixed on my truck a couple of years ago. I'd crunched it on rocks being stupid without sliders. I found a shop willing to try because I was pretty explicit that my goal was superficially cosmetic but more rust and weather (the door didn't seal right anymore), so I wasn't looking for Concours d'Elegance here... I had a couple of creases but it wasn't quite as wrinkled as yours, primarily just dented and collapsed.

So they opted not to cut any metal out but tacked on a whole bunch of studs that threaded into a slide hammer, which they used to do the reshaping. In the end they wanted to put on a skim of Bondo, which I told them was not necessary since my truck is just painted with old school Toyota no-clear coat enamel that hides flaws fine. It actually looked really good, at least until my sliders flexed into my rockers and dimpled them.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler