View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Rising Sun Member

Greg, I think he meant on a third gen runner, which isn't that different than with an 85 in terms of install, but a bit.

Ya, putting them into my first gen was easy. On my third gen, it would be a bit harder due to the extra crossmember. Yoder has a nice set up, but he did lose a cup holder. Not sure how big a deal that would be for you.

I'd PM Jaderunner for 3rd gen specific questions, he has a 2000 too.

Lots of us on here have put them into earlier trucks if you have more generic questions.

For me, the only advice I have is plan it out so you can have a little down time of the vehicle, get everything in, and then be prepared to make adjustments to the rear axle pinion angle to dial out driveline noise. On first gens, this is both a pinion adjustment and a CV rear shaft. The 3rd gens already have a CV rear shaft, so the pinion angle would be all i'd be worried about. Adjustable upper links would be a very easy way to adjust this if you need to.

Again, that isn't saying you WILL have to do that, just that you MIGHT. Only thing I wish i'd known about on my install before I did it.

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead