View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Rising Sun Member

Having had a locked, lifted 40th Anniversary and a lifted '03, both with 33s, I agree with Wes's percentage numbers. Yes, the 80 is a better wheeling machine but there is very little comparison between the two on-road. The 100 drives more like a sport sedan than an FJ62 which the 80 drives somewhat like. They are all good, though, but we already knew that.

Originally Posted by wesintl View Post
galactic gray, nice. It's the only color besides white I could deal with, maybe the thunder cloud.

reality is my needs are maybe different than barrys. I like a well set up 80. treeroots, jackets, bruce's, etc. i just can't move the seat back far enough and if i used the extender it would put the seat into the kids being as tall as i am. Not to mention i hate having the a pillar in front of me. I had the same mod done in my old 60 and ended up hating it. I always hated the fender flares and crappy molding the 80 has. The 100 has clean lines imho. For me the move to a 2004 with nav, steering wheel radio contols, nav, 5speed make it nice. As davis always says the front seat is a barcalounger.
For what i've wheeled, ehill, the alpine tunnel, alpine loop, usual passes in cb etc. For me the 100 is 90% as capable as an 80. The 80 is only maybe 50% of what a 100 is on road.

I can't wait to mod it in the spring.