View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

HAM is useful when you're with Rising Sun and/or need to reach out for assistance or communication when line of site is not good enough. I have both CB and HAM in both rigs and when I'm wheeling with other groups outside of the club the CB not only gets used but is essential for trail communication. I really like the Cobra 75 WXST that I have in my 80. It fits anything, seems to be uber reliable, and I can have it turned way down so the CB noise is almost tolerable if usage is light. CB's are all somewhat close in performance but what makes a difference in any transceiver is the cable quality and connections and the antenna. A cheap Kraco blue light special CB with a good cable and an excellent antenna will reach way out better than a top of the line Uniden/Cobra with dirty connections and/or a bargain basement antenna. In other words save you money on buying a new radio and upgrade your antenna and cable and have it tuned!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior