View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutbeer View Post
...never impressed with how heavy they were, and dangerous all at the same time. I had some close calls, and watched a friend have one drop and wind up poking a hole through his body.
Mine spends most of its days leaning against the wall in the garage. Put one in the wrong hands, or inexperienced hands, and it's got liability written all over it. OTOH, in the right situation it can be the best tool available, and used properly a very safe one as well. But the reality is, a lot of people know how to buy hi lift jacks, some even win them in raffles, but not all people actually know how to operate one. And what's worse, some of those people also don't know how to maintain them, store them, or carry them on their vehicle. Then consider the situation where you need help, and it's "that guy" who's there to help you.. that's my extreme call to action, but do you think it could happen? "hang on man, I'll go grab my jack..." oh boy

I appreciate the unsolicited examples above, let's hear more of them. I would suspect for every story posted here there are 10 more from within our larger community equally scary. And yes there's a point to all this...

www.gamiviti.com