View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 07:28 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzeppa View Post
I hate tinting and my AZ sourced 60 is tinted like crazy. I peeled the tinting off the driver's side window and now there's some filmy stuff (tech term) left behind. Not quite adhesive and resistant to everything I have tried to get it off. Any suggestions for making my windows clear again?
WD40? Dosen't that work on most sticky stuff?

Goo-Gone?

I just saw this on the internets after a search.. seems like a neat trick. A lot of folks talk about ammonia being the trick.

"Take a black Garbage bag, mix up amonia and water 50/50 in a spray bottle, wet one side of the black bag, wet the tint, stick the bag to the glass (wet to wet), let sit in the sun for about 30 min to 1 hour, then peel off the tint and use a cotton towel and the sprayer to wipe off the remaining adhesive."

I love tint. We sleep in the rig a lot and especially at night it keeps people from being able to see the shenanigans inside. It also makes life in general during the day a touch more private.

Mine on the 60 is finally starting to peel at the egdes.... so i'll be looking up the places above to re-do it.
82 FJ40