View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 01:26 PM
Rising Sun Member

I had a '99 Durango that I loved...Crappy gas mileage in the city but that 5.9L 360 was fun - Very few issues with it but then again we sold it in 2007 with under 75K miles on it and bought another 80. 3rd row was useable for kids, not so much for adults.

IMO if you are looking for something that you'll have for another 10 years then it is hard to beat Toyota reliability and the price reflects that. Nothing is for sure...You might find a Tahoe for $5K less than something comparable in the Toyota lineup and come out ahead or you might end up spending the $5K or more in maintenance. Nothing guarantees that whatever Toyota you might end up with won't have issues either though.

Sequoias though seem to be popular and the few people I know that own them as well as the folks on here indicate they are pretty bomb proof. 2007 and down is the old body style so that is where I would look. Anything with Land Cruiser in the name seems to come at a premium IMO so I wouldn't even bother unless you have to have one which you don't seem to...

If having a 3rd row seat is an absolute requirement then start there and list out all SUVs that came with a 3rd row and start whittling down the list based on what you find out there price wise. Do Honda Pilots come with 3rd row seats?
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater