View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Rising Sun Member
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
300 yards! That is outstanding Drew! You are one steady dude.

I can barely hold steady enough for 100 yard shots, and that is at a range. With adrenaline pumping, and out of breath from hiking a ridge at 11,000 feet, I completely missed at 50-60 yards this past season, though, to assuage my ego, it was a moving shot.

I've made a 100 yard shot (longest I've ever even seen an elk out hunting), but that was leaning the rifle against a tree. Free standing would have been another miss.

Needless to say, I'm impressed, you are a much better shot than anyone I've met before

Do you have a good local place to practice? After last season, I decided I need to be getting out more, as my accuracy has gotten a lot worse since high school when I actually knew how to shoot.

I'd love to find a really private place to go up in the forest, to avoid exhorbitant range fees, and avoid other people all together, but I imagine that is a pipe dream in this day and age.
300 is not that uncommon is it? Last years trophy hunt non trophy buck I popped was 382 yards. Distance you will end up taking the shot is very dependant on the area you are hunting. Unit 39 will likely have shots 100+ yrds.
TLCA #3007

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
Welcome. Lots of "northsiders" here in the club. We're known to have some of the strongest, coolest and most awesome club members.
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior