View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by zornff View Post
All the calibers listed here are great. No matter what you end up with you need to get out and shoot it a lot. Hitting a paper plate at 100 yds is not acceptable, shooting with holes touching is. I have seen too many people shooting 6" groups @ 100 yds and think they are good to go. Whatever you buy figure out what ammo you are going to use, buy plenty of it, and spend time on the range.
Personally I like the rem 700 platform in .308, but 300 win.mag is a top performer for sure.
Sound advice for sure! I'll add that many hunters go to the range once a year and "sight in" their rifles. The rifle is a tool....what needs to be sighted in is the hunter! Hitting your mark in the controlled conditions at the range does not condition you for hitting that prize elk in his home! They don't get big by being stupid! Shoot often so knowing where your gub hits is embedded in your mind so you can focus on other things!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior