View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 09:40 AM
DaveInDenver's Avatar
DaveInDenver DaveInDenver is offline
Hard Core 4+
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Larimer County
Posts: 8,440

I do have insurance, even have temporary cards available. BTW, State Farm told me that you have 14 days of leeway to notify them about insurance. IOW, if you are in an accident you can retroactively start your coverage on a newly added vehicle. I believe, if I understood correctly, that you would have to have an existing policy with them, though.

I did search this and was in this logical loop that to get temp tags you need a title but you won't have the title until you're driving home. Plus I'll likely be buying whatever I do in a different county, so it's confusing which DMV I'd need to hit. I think a signed title is my proof I didn't steal the sucker.
'91 Pickup - Imelda
'08 Tacoma TRD - Donna

"The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change." -- Heraclitus
Reply With Quote