View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 09:42 AM
euroford's Avatar
euroford euroford is offline
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisville
Posts: 198

and you'll only need the temp plates if you have to go an emission test done.

if the vehicle is exempt, or if you get current etest cert paperwork from the seller (this is required, but not always done), you can just get full plates.

also: i wouldn't stress too much. the truck i'm buying in a couple weeks is up in avon, i suppose if its convenient i'll stop in avon and get temp plates, but if its not i'll just drive back here to louisville.

i've made a habit of printing out a sheet of paper with the words "just purchased in transit" and tapping it to the back window. i've driven past leo's and nobody has ever stopped me to saw howdy.
Tim M Hovey
1950 cj3a: FJ60 Axles, brakes, and steering, Willy's
sheetmetal and a Buick engine, held together with
metal from the scrap yard glued together in a garage in
Louisville and dragged around behind a F350 Diesel.
Reply With Quote