View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Do did you guys do a countdown or something, so you both shot at the same time? Or how else could you hit 2 from the same group?
Nope....Spot them, pull em up in your sights, call out the one your aiming at at pull the trigger. You just don't have much time unless they are grazing or bedding and they haven't scented you yet. Unless they see you, it takes a second for them to realize they are in danger....then it only takes them a nano second to completely disappear. Scott (my hunting partner) actually pulled his shot off just before I did probably because the difference of a scope on a rifle vrs scope on a pistol. In other words, calculating how much elevation you need rather than knowing from experience is a rare luxury. A good range finder is also essential as playing with it often trains your mind approximate distances. This particular time I under estimated the distance and shot a tad low. It was still a solid hit but I like to hit high or if I have a good rest to shoot from my favorite hit zone is just below the ear, straight back from the eye.

TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior