View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 09:08 AM
Hard Core 4+

Pic of the truck. Totally plain Jane. Even still wears the OE shocks.

Name:  IMG_2690_SM.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  116.9 KB

The small spot on the side of the frame I knew about. Figured a 11 year old truck was bound to have little issues like that. I was going to wire brush all the scale, spot treat things like this with rust converter and paint the whole frame. Did that to my '91 when I got it and the frame looks good on it. I also spray inside the vents with WD40 all the time, just like using Frame Saver on a steel bicycle.

Name:  IMG_2694_SM.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  95.8 KB

The one I didn't notice when I looked at it (but I was more concerned with the frame at the forward spring hangers, where mini trucks rot anyway). It was clean when I looked at it but there was more road spray under there, so I must have cleaned off some dirt at the car wash. Plus the flash highlights the rust color, it's less obvious to the eye.

Name:  IMG_2691_SM.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  94.2 KB Name:  IMG_2693_SM.jpg
Views: 948
Size:  85.7 KB

In a way that rear stuff doesn't bother me as much. Toyota cheapened Tacoma frame compared to Hilux by not boxing in the rear section. But that works in my favor because I can scrape and paint the outside and inside of the frame there. It's fully boxed forward of the axle and thus harder to work inside.

“Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad or an economist.” -- Kenneth E. Boulding