Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Rising Sun member

Ha ha Dave, that's funny.

Welcome Firetacoma! I have a '77 as well, as do Crash, kurtnkeggar and nattybumppo on the forum here. We'll try to point you in the right direction.

For starters, can you post up your build date? I'd also be curious to see your frame number and engine number as well.

As always, pictures are helpful for any question you may have.

I have an okay writeup on '77 smog equipment here: I originally wrote it intending to do a desmog but have since decided against that approach.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series...2f-desmog.html

You need to know if you're going after Federal emissions or California emissions. What are the colors of the emissions sticker on the under side of the hood? White letters on black or black letters on white?

That thread link has some diagrams scanned from the Haynes manual, which is actually pretty decent in a lot of respects to the '77 model year. So you should consider picking at least that manual up to take a look at. The Factory Service Manuals (FSM) are better for digging deeper into your truck.

Bring your rig out sometime! Our next meeting is this Wednesday at the Jeffco Fairgrounds!

1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD