View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 01:41 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrider View Post
Heres a shot of the winch off the ad. Anyone familiar with the 9.5 XP enough to know why the solenoid is centered over the drum and the 9.5 XP on the Warn website is off to the side? Just wondering.
Wish I could help with the delivery but alas I'm not Moab bound this year

As for the differences...It doesn't really look like the solenoid box is really mounted to the winch in the picture, just sort of sitting on top. Judging by the pictures Warn made some changes to the box from the version you are looking at buying to what they currently sell.

What would make me question the guy saying that it was never mounted/used is that the cable is on the drum sort of wonky...Certainly not on there fresh from the factory. I've never had a new winch so maybe the cable doesn't come spooled on and he just didn't do a very good job of getting it on the drum - since you are replacing it wtih syn I guess it doesn't much matter other than making sure the winch really is "new and unused"
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater