View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
Are those Hella's HID's?

I have seen a number of comparisons on line, and the LED's really throw a lot of light out there, and, as you say, are very compact.

If you are looking to do things less expensively, and use some tools, this guy made some that seem to work REALLY well. (not to mention he has one of the sweetest Taco's out there right now).

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...light-bar.html

Otherwise, Rigid seems to be the way to go.
Dude, that's some mad fab skills! Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbet View Post
I have not mounted my LED bar yet but driveway testing indicates the light pattern in more conical than my IPF 900s. For offroad that is fine and they through tons of light. But I suspect they could cause more reflection issues off street/HWY signs. My IPF's are bad enough already in the category. So for street use I'd stick to your Hellas. Those are good lights.

My LED light bar is from expedition lighting systems. He is on MUD. Basically rigid copies.
As I have been poking around... This seems to be the reality for now. 100 yards is the general consensus from what I've read so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerootCO View Post
Buy a Rigid from Slee http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/...lights_led.htm. You are welcome to play with my lights to see how they compare. What I love about my lights is that I can see deer that are on the side of the road before they run in front of the truck. I think my lights have saved me at least six times now.

I want to try the blue covers some time to see how well they work in the snow. I have read that blue light cuts through driving snow.

Attachment 32625

Attachment 32626
Thanks Mike, if I catch you sometime I'd like to check out your lights in action.

2001 Sequoia Limited with heated seats

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili