View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Trail Ready

Default CRF150R opinions

Hi guys - I'm considering getting back into dirt after about 15 years out of it. I rode a lot when I was in middle school then a little in high school and a little in college. I stopped mainly because I got into street a lot more and have ridden only street now for quite some time (Ducati Monster).

I'm looking for a reliable strong bike that runs great on trails and can do the occassional track day. I've always like Honda and am drawn to the CRF150R for a couple of reasons. Mainly is its size - I'm only about 5'5" and 130 pounds soaking wet, so I like that the seat height and width is built with people my size in mind. I also like that it's a 4 stroke as I plan more trail time than anything else. Truth be told, I've literally never ridden a 4 stroke off road as I grew up on a KX80, KX100, CR125, CR250, but I've always thought/known the 4 stroke powerband is better suited to trail duty.

I realize the downfalls of this particular bike is the maintenance since it's more built for the track and the higher cost of purchase and upkeep compared with a similar size 2 stroke, but I'm not worried about that too much since they hold their value well and I'm ok with turning wrenches. Any experience/thoughts on this particular bike?

Now you can Rent a Ducati in Denver!

www.RentYourAdventure.com
http://facebook.com/RentYourAdventure