What do you mean motor/noise run?
Some things I'd check.
- Do a valve lash adjustment
- Tune-up, cap, rotor, plugs, air, clean the PCV and maybe replace the fuel filter
- Check the throttle position sensor, clean the throttle body and maybe verify the IAC on the bottom is working (sometimes this can get tripped up if the coolant gets old & dirty or you have air bubbles in it)
- Make sure the air intake tube does not have a cracked bellows (if you still have the stock one)
- I would check carefully your vacuum lines and VSVs again, the one that controls the fuel pressure for one
More obscure stuff:
- The cold start injector can leak and make the 22R-E run rich
- Check the EGR by disabling it
- O2 sensor and the coolant temp sensor
'91 Pickup - Imelda
'08 Tacoma TRD
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'12 Gunnar Rockhound 29
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering." -- Friedrich Nietzsche