View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Interesting information - Max Trans Temp

Since I got my new Tacoma, I have been towing an Airstream from Arkansas to Arizona last week. I have a Scan Gauge installed so I can monitor engine and transmission temps. On one hot, hill climb I saw a trans temp of 235 degrees. I was wondering what the temp was that turns on the A/T Temp Hi light on the panel so I asked Toyota.

Here is the answer:

Dear Terry Tubb,

Thank you for your follow-up email.

We apologize that the Owner's Manual does not include the temperature in which the automatic transmission oil light will illuminate in your 2013 Tacoma.

If you are towing with your vehicle, the automatic transmission oil temperature light may illuminate at 302 degrees. If the light comes on, it indicates that the auto transmission fluid temperature is too high. If the light flashes, it indicates a malfunction in the auto transmission system.

For further evaluation, information and assistance, we recommend you contact your local Toyota dealership.

Regards,

Kym Strong

Now we know - BTW I do have the Tow Package that includes a transmission cooler.
Attached Images

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"