View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 09:07 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezarf View Post
So, my pedal has been getting squishy as I sit at a stop light. It has a really slow leak that begins to drop the pedal to the floor slowly and steadily. If I can sit there long enough the brakes start to lose grip... pump a quick half pump and they are tight again... booster right? Its been more noticeable since it has become hot.

I haven't lost a drop of fluid and during normal driving it brakes straight and quickly.

I have a mini-truck booster in there now, but I was wondering what might be my best option for performance? I am most likely going to do the rear disk swap with a proportioning valve as I have slowly collected a lot of the parts over the past few years since running the trailer.

Can I use an 80 booster? Any other good/available options? Treeroot, did you just do this conversion? Was it plug and play or was there any fab work?

Thanks!
You don't need a booster, you need a master that isn't leaking past the piston seal. Just because it isn't leaking to the outside world doesn't mean it isn't leaking inside. The symptom you wrote about has nothing to do with how well the booster is working, in fact it sounds like your booster is fine, but your master is leaking inside.
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/