Thread: At Last!
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Land Use Co-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I'm loving my 285's. I opted to go with the factory wheels, so I got some 1/2" spacers and some early 03 matrix wheels studs (1/2" longer), for the front wheels. The 285's look pretty good, though not as big as I'd prefer, but still maintain streetability and reliability on the IFS.

I agree, pics are needed!

I thought the same thing when I first got these. I was thinking, man, I should have gotten the 35s. But turns out that even with a 4" lift, I actually ended up rubbing a little going up North Twin Cone Peak this afternoon. Not bad mind you, only while flexing quite a bit. Overall, I'm very pleased with these tires. I've always been a fan of the BFGs, they're a quality tire.
My MPG will suffer with these 285s, but I'm not really worried about that. MPG is the last thing on my priority list with this truck. I knew it wasn't going to be great, from the start. I am loving the extra ground clearance with them though. I only hit a skid plate twice today.
TLCA #22468

The "Honey Badger"- 2003 Tacoma 4x4 4-Door -Lifted, Locked, Built.

I would rather walk than drive anything that's 2WD.

"If you think Colorado should be more like California, STFU and go back to Cali. We don't need you here."