View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 03:13 PM
Hard Core 4+

Gamiviti is about the best option for Tacoma fender mounts, just requires some slight custom fitting. Head & shoulders better than generic ones. They work best with NMO mounts.

But even though they are designed for Toyota, they will still flex a little and rub the paint on the hood. I put a piece of tape over the edge as a rub strip until I get around to drilling the hole in the roof. The thought of snaking the coax just makes me procrastinate for some reason...

Why have you decided on the TM-D710? Just curious if you're planning on using it for APRS since it's a lot of radio and the price reflects that. I run the FTM-350 in the old truck and have been seriously considering doing the Kenwood in the Taco. But you're talking $550 for the radio + $125 for the GPS-710 just to start (if you can even find the GPS-710, a lot of places are backordered). I really wish Yaesu hadn't discontinued the FTM-350 already. :-(
'12 Gunnar Rockhound 29

"Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. Nobody is able to achieve this completely, but the striving for such achievement is in itself a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security. " --Albert Einstein