View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezarf View Post
Does this exist?
You can find some parts online to make this work, but you may not get all three in one antenna. Check out the AR-1A for a method to combine AM/FM with CB.

If you really want to go this route, here are some links:
Wagongear antenna mount <-- kind of funny looking to see a long CB antenna in a place where normally an FM radio antenna goes.
Name:  IMG_0327.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  25.0 KB

If you like this, you can purchase here. Instructions can be found here.

One thing to consider is that virtually any combo is going to have some performance loss compared to dedicated antennas. I have the Yaesu 7800, and my initial antenna purchase was a fancy dual band antenna. I eventually returned it for a simple, inexpensive Larsen 5/8 wave whip for the 2 meter band only. The performance is absolutely stellar, and I would recommend it highly. Replacing the whip is super cheap, too. Read more on my ancient thread about antennas.

I have a 2800 that I use as a base station at home. It's a great radio. The only reason that I would buy the 7800 (now 7900) again is for the remote front panel, which makes mounting in an 80 much nicer.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

Last edited by Hulk; 07-09-2013 at 12:11 AM.