View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Rising Sun Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkaToy View Post
Sounds like you've done the research already. I am just now looking into it. Looks like it might be doable and a big upgrade from the F engine that's in it, right? Whats holding you back, Sasha?
I had a 327sbc in my last 40 and loved it, thats why Im on the fence with the 3fe. The sbc conversion is not a cheap item either.
I also have the pto winch on it and would like to keep it. That added front driveshaft can be a clearance issue on a sbc, I think. I had to have the header cut and turned to clear it.
Btw, I will now have some parts and a block off the f engine that's in it for sale! Jim C carb and all.
It sounds like the major difficulties are adapting/splicing in the wiring harness, and figuring out how/where to add an electric fuel pump. I haven't done it yet because I've been waiting for you to do it first and make the mistakes, then my install can be perfect! No, seriously, I have already rebuilt my 2F and carb, so the 40 is running great (or will be when I button up the transmission project) so my incentive level is very low on this project...it is an "it would be fun and cool" item on my list. And the other issue is that I might want to swap out the aging 3FE in my 62 with my spare rather than put it in the 40.

I would be nervous about that PTO clearance...
2013 F-150 "Black Ops"