View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Rising Sun Event Coordinator

Default Blow Off Work And Go Wheeling Run (BOWAGWR) - Aug 14th

13th Annual BOWAGWR!

Amazing! 13th Annual! This has become a favorite of Rising Sun for so long now. I am disappointed that Hulk cannot lead this year and am humbled to be leading this iconic run. There had been some discussion of a possible change to somewhere other than Slaughterhouse Gulch for this event. I really struggled with deciding what to do. In the end, there is no need to break tradition and I am just filling in for one year. This run has always been based around the summer solstice as well, but it's been a busy year for all of us. There is no way we can let this run miss a year.

Please come join Rising Sun for the 2013 Blow Off Work And Go Wheelin' Run. The idea is to leave work early and meet up with new and old friends alike for some easy/moderate trails and good company. Slaughterhouse Gulch is suitable for any stock Toyota 4x4. Dinner provided by Rising Sun 4x4 Club after the event.

BLOW OFF WORK AND GO WHEELIN' RUN (13th annual)
Date: Wednesday, Aug 14th 2013
Meeting time: 1:00 p.m. Depart @ 1:30 p.m.

Trail: Slaughterhouse Gulch. The trail is moderate. It's fine for stock Cruisers, 4Runners, FJ Cruisers, etc. There is a hill with some good optional whoop-de-woos if you're locked and lifted. It's near Bailey, off of 285.

Meeting place: King Soopers Shopping Center in Aspen Park (Conifer area) This is just off Hwy 285, a block east of where Coney Island was previously located.
KING SOOPERS
25637 CONIFER ROAD
CONIFER, CO 80433
Store Phone: 303-816-4960

Dinner: Tentatively planned for JJ Madwell's in Conifer.

Ham: 146.460
CB: Channel 4

Xplore Colorado
OutdoorX4 Magazine Marketing/Editorial/Photography
100's in the Hills website
"What's that? I can't hear you over my heated seats"-KW

Last edited by Fishy; 08-07-2013 at 11:13 AM.