View Single Post
Old 08-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Trail Ready

I also like the early 90s 4runners from 91-95. I've seen quite a few of those in the $2-4k range that look pretty nice. Also for a lot of cars in the $3-4k range asking price, the people selling will often take an offer for a good bit less when you show up with cash and don't give them a hard time. My sister was just selling her old Hyundai Elantra for about $3k which was way under book and had all kinds of recent mechanic work done to it (tbelt, water pump, radiator) and some people would show up and say "ya I like it but I want to have it thoroughly inspected by a mechanic and then we'll talk price". When you're selling a car for less than $5k it ain't gonna be perfect and IMO it just pisses off the person selling to have that attitude. I'd just show up and instead of beating them up just say hey I know this car is 15 years old and has some miles on it so it will need a little work and I can give you $2.5k right now on the spot. It works better than haggling and you can often get a really good deal that way. I had owned 25 cars by the time I was 24 (was buying and selling to make extra $$ in college), and that method worked great for me and rarely makes anyone mad.

Now you can Rent a Ducati in Denver!

www.RentYourAdventure.com
http://facebook.com/RentYourAdventure