View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 12:18 AM
Rock Stacker

First, I'd like to thank Dave and Idelle for ll there work on this trip.

Second, I'd like to thank all the Cruisers for their welcoming of myself, my wife Jen, and my son Blake on our first trail runs with Rising Sun. In fact, this was our first trail run experience in our '94 80 that we purchased about a week and a half ago. We appreciated your safe guidance and wheeling advice/suggestion. We had a GREAT time. I took a couple hundred photos and plan to post them to flickr and share for all to see.

Saturday was a fun run up Governor/Yankee Boy. It was great to feel out the cruiser.

Sunday was even better! Black Bear was a BLAST (enjoyed hitting my first obstacle pictured below). After coming down Imogene, I was anxious to see what the 80 could do. Steve was gracious enough to take me up Poughkeepsie and over Corkscrew... Oh my... that was AWESOME! Learned so much... and, so much more to learn.

Made it up Poughkeepsie without winching thanks to the GREAT spotting by Steve ... Brittany caught it on video... cant wait to see it. I'd like to see an 80 make it up the left most obstacle... Not sure of the names... I went up the right obstacle (the one Steve is pictured going up below). Really enjoyed some of the other rock challenges on the way to the lake. Look forward to going back and doing it again!

Anyway, THANKS everyone and I look forward to hittin' many more trails with you folks! Pictures to come soon...
Attached Images