Thread: Warning Sayings
View Single Post
  #28  
Old 10-08-2013, 08:33 AM
AxleIke's Avatar
AxleIke AxleIke is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Arvada, CO
Posts: 3,410
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Pretty much every product in your house says "Potentially harmful if swallowed. Contact a physician or a poison center immediately if ingested" or some similar variation. It's stupid because it says exactly that whether it is virtually harmless (diaper rash cream) or extremely deadly (antifreeze). If I was in charge, there'd be 3 different warning labels:

1. "This stuff is really pretty harmless. Unless a large amount is ingested, it's not likely to be an issue. If swallowed, and you are worried about it, call the poison center." This would be for stuff like lotion, silica gel, etc.

2. "This stuff could be harmful if swallowed or otherwise used inappropriately. If swallowed, please call the poison center." For stuff like cleaning agents, etc.

3. "This **** will kill you dead. Use extreme caution with use and do not leave it anywhere near children or pets. If swallowed, call your poison center immediately." For stuff like antifreeze, carb cleaner, rust removers with hydrofluoric acid, etc.
Agreed.

Problem is, you would go bankrupt from lawsuits. Turns out, we live in a country of idiots. Relying on someone to read a label let alone use common sense is going to get you sued, and possibly held criminally liable, depending on what you are selling. So, they have to put on the most dire warning they can, because it covers their rear ends.
__________________
Isaac

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Reply With Quote