View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Prodigy RF

If you don't mind spending a bit more $, get this:

http://www.adventurerv.net/tekonsha-...l-p-22392.html

It goes for about $300 however it modulates the braking rather than just going to a set value, based on your deceleration rate. No wiring, just install the module on your trailer and plug the controller into your cig lighter.
I had other versions but this is by far the most responsive to mountain driving. I am pulling an Airstream with a 2013 Tacoma. It really saves your trailer brakes because when you are just slowing a bit it barely uses the trailer brakes. If you have to make an emergency stop, it brakes accordingly.

I have had the other type and this is best, plus you can tow with another vehicle by just taking the controller with you, no wiring.

Good luck, Terry

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"