View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 01:26 AM
Land Use Co-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
Home. My wrists hurt from my Kung-fu like grasp of the steering wheel. My back and neck hurt from all the tensing up I was doing on the descent.
I feel much the same way. Didn't realize it until I was down at the bottom.

That was a lot of fun. But the decent was very tense. I think I was the 7th or 8th truck down the hill. And I definitely felt the effects of the compacted snow. I can only imagine what it was like for you, Stan.

At one point, I hear a horn honking behind me. And I look in my mirror to see an FJ careening down the ice towards me. Steve is locked up and sliding. He's flooring it in reverse. I instinctually punch it to get out of the way and immediately realize the mistake that I've just made. I slam on the brakes and lock them up. Now I'm sliding out of control down the road. I throw it in reverse and floor it, then let off the break. I was throwing snow and rocks out in front of me a good 15 feet or more. Steve finally lodged on a rock and stopped, and I ended up digging all four tires into holes in the snow and finally stopped. Totally wild, I wish I could have had it all on video. I told steve, I'm gonna have nightmares of his headlights rushing at me.
But these sorts of stories, are exactly why I'm glad I did the run.

I'm really glad everyone made it down safely.
But, what happened to MtnAddict's rig?

I got a couple pics.

TLCA #22468

The "Honey Badger"- 2003 Tacoma 4x4 4-Door -Lifted, Locked, Built.

I would rather walk than drive anything that's 2WD.

"If you think Colorado should be more like California, STFU and go back to Cali. We don't need you here."

Last edited by Shotshell; 10-20-2013 at 02:08 AM.