also did the front pinion which was leaking real bad.
pictures aren't necessary but I like them, plus it took me a while to find the torque spec in the manual, so its here 144 to 173 for the nut
it was leaking bad.
I used a touch of silicone around the outside of the seal and then a touch of grease to keep the inner spring in place while I pounded it in
I have done a few seals and I can never get them in square I always wind up ruining them, so I started using various pieces of pvc as seal drivers and my success rate is increasing.. this little 2" pvc cap worked well.
more to come, including the vacating of the frame of an astonishing amount of sand, it blows HARD in wyoming
hopefully my block will be done too so I can start putting the engine back together.