View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowrun View Post
That is good info. I am in fact going to put this on a 308 win precision rifle.
(It would nice to be able to come home and not have tinnitus after shooting it)
I hear ya, man. That is no joke.

Shooting suppressed is so enjoyable.
It really is a mystery to me why they are so overly regulated. The reduction in noise not only for the shooter but also for the over all ambient noise pollution is significant. Especially where there is a shooting range within ear-shot of a housing area, where the homeowner's association inevitably complains about the NOISE.
But there seems to be this misconception that if the general public is allowed to just purchase a silencer just like any other firearm accessory, that people will just go around killing each other because they think they can get away with it because there's no noise. There's this idea that if you have a "silencer" then you're a bad guy, who only has it to do bad things with.
Really? How many public figures have been assassinated with "silenced" weapons in our history? How many mass shootings have had "silencers" used in them?

The bottom line is, is that the people who are dead set on doing an evil act with a "silenced" weapon, are people that can get their hand on a silencer, or build one, with out the government ever knowing. Regulation of firearms and/or firearm accessories NEVER stops a bad guy from committing an evil act with a firearm. Regulations only effect the law abiding folks, like us, who would never use those devises for anything but hunting, target practice, and legal self defense. Makes me so mad...
Anyways, I'll stop ranting now...

TLCA #22468

2003 Tacoma TRD 4x4 4-Door

I would rather walk than drive anything that's 2WD.