View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Thanksgiving sunday Bill Moore Lake Trail

Hey everyone, well, I ended up going up on my own with the kids! What a nice day it was out there! Blue skies, soft snow, temp in the 40s!

The trail had some fresh tracks either from earlier in the day or from saturday. Don't know because didn't come across anybody and I didn't make all the way to the lake. When the powder,ice and slush got too deep and begun to give me trouble I decided to turn around since it was just me. Got about half way. No desire to get stuck and/or break stuff by myself at 10500 feet!
just looking for some fun!

The big thing going on with that trail right now is a major erosion/dirt slide within the first mile (guess, since I didn't really check for distance) from trailhead.

It's a spot that used to be about 45 feet wide, now with a big hole that left around 14 feet of drive by. You can see it had multiple slides because there are orange cones marking the area and also some that were there before and just went down the hill along with the orange fence!

I was looking in there and all looks like it's gonna keep going so it could possibly just close the trail unless there are other routes.

Finished off at Tommyknocker Brewery & Pub in Idaho Springs for some fish tacos and Oatmeal Stout. Good stuff.

See you all at the meeting
Attached Images

TLCA #22380

'74 40 series (home brewed center and dash boxes)

'06 100 series (Gamiviti half rack {thanks Tim}, home brewed roof basket, rear drawers on the works)