View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Rising Sun member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARGEONE View Post
I'm getting closer to switching over from my annoying MV-50 OBA setup to installing my York 210L...but I have a few questions for the few who have done this already.

1) Did you use a check valve? If so, what type? And, wouldn't it need to be placed after the oil separator to ensure it doesn't get messed up with any oil coming out of the compressor? Also, should this be a far away from compressor outlet as possible, prior to manifold, in order to allow heat to dissipate?
Here's what you need: before the oil separator is fine. It also has a pretty high temperature rating.
http://www.viaircorp.com/OffRoad/Par...rhoses_cv.html

Quote:
2) My run from the compressor outlet to the manifold is at least 4 feet (from front right of engine to left firewall). I plan to use braided stainless hose unless it is outrageously priced. Any recommendations for where to buy stainless braided hose and who can put ends on it? Can a shop put any kind of ends on this hose? (Parker in Louisville?) What ends would be best to go to my compressor outlet if I have drilled it out with 3/8" NPT threads? I originally planned to use barbed fittings with clamps, but have been steered away from this in other threads on our great RS Forum!
http://www.viaircorp.com/OffRoad/Par...rhoses_cv.html

Quote:
3) What pressures are you allowing your systems to reach before shutting off? My current system is 85-105 PSI and seems to be fine. I've seen others run 90-120. The 120 PSI is appealing for some applications, but I'm thinking the higher the pressure, the more work I have to fix small leaks and the more often my compressor will kick on?
I think I have a 90-120 pressure switch; for airing up tires I doubt you'll notice a difference.

Quote:
4) how long does the 210 York take to go from say 85 PSI to 105/120 PSI? I know this depends on how much storage you have, but I think my system will have a similar storage capacity as many of yours. I have a 2.5 gallon tank in the rear. I'm just wondering if it is 30 seconds or minutes to refresh to cutoff pressure. Right now, the MV-50 takes FOREVER!!!
Closer to 30 seconds with no air tank. With an air tank maybe a couple minutes?

Marco has a really good writeup on MUD about his York install on his 5.3L powered 60:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wa...0-install.html
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD