View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Rising Sun Member

Aluminess makes nice AL bumpers. A 33 may still fit under the bed, it does on the older trucks. I have a toytec lift. If you go that route, I'd get their high end stuff, as people who have that seem to like it. I got the standard bilstiens shocks and their eibach springs, and it is pretty bad. Ride is extremely stiff, and the rear shocks have had a lot of problems, and I have concerns that they will snap off due to the bracket design that adapts them.

But, that is entirely on me for going on the cheaper end. And, to be completely fair they did say their high end stuff would ride better, as well as had great customer service. I would buy from them again, just not the cheap stuff.

Others in my family have similarly set up 4runners, and are running Old Man Emu stuff, and the ride and lift are a lot better for around the same money.

As I said in your other thread, my dad has an 04 with a 4WC, and has OME stuff on that. Ride is good with optional extra leaf and heavy shocks, when the camper is in it. Sits pretty level and flexes well. He went back and forth on air bags and decided against them as he was concerned about ripping them up off road when flexing, as the designs that allowed the spring to come up to the stock bump stop looked like the bags would interefere with the spring and possibly tear. Fully loaded, the truck sits level. Just another option for you to consider.

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead