View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 09:15 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhighlander View Post
Thanks, and sorry for another noob thread jack. I have stock bumpers and only have the tiedown points on the frame and a receiver hitch with a D-shackle plug. Is this adequate? Hopefully this spring I can weld up some "proper" recovery points to the frame. I'd love to upgrade bumpers but that's too spendy for me right now.
Yes you will be great. Your best recovery point is the receiver hitch, in fact you don't even need that shackle plug you can just slip the receiver pin through the loop on the strap- that's what I use whenever possible. In front, those loop things should be good, take a peek at them to make sure they don't look too rusty as yes, we had one of those break on a run last year. Definitely don't want to jolt the truck when using those.

When you upgrade, look for the URB- universal recovery bracket. I think Jonesy's sells them? they have a banner here... http://www.jonesysoffroad.com/toyota-land-cruiser-urbs/

or just get a Slee bumper . Either way it's worth upgrading your front points at some point, then you'll be ready for anything. And don't sweat the hijack! 4 other people probably had the same question, but were too shy to ask. this is why we have this forum.

www.gamiviti.com