View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 12:05 PM
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS View Post
I'm hoping to be in.

I have ridden the D&SNG, and the Cumbres and Toltec (Chama-Antonito).

I think the scenery is more spectacular on the C&TS--ESPECIALLY that time of year. In fact, we usually ride it right around that time of year, and this year it may be October 4 anyway.

C&TS also isn't as "touristy" as the D&SNG, meaning you can wander around the yards and look at awesomely cool machinery.

Dan
Thanks for the input. Will take a look at the C&TS this weekend.

Regarding both of them. Is transportation provided if you only ride the train one way? Say Silverton to Durango. As much fun as it would be to do an out and back on the trains there's still a bit of ground to cover (still trying to figure out logistics).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover67 View Post
OK, I'm in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
Seriously want to join. Too far ahead at this point since I have no idea what will be going on that time of year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukshuk View Post
What will be going on that time of year is what you say will be going on. Say "Outlaws Run"
Yeah, what else would you be doing in the fall?

Just about to the point of cutting off the run. Looks like Paul May is in and i'm hopping Robbie and Ige will be kind enough to tag along.

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"